This week is all about NaNoWriMo – how we can stay on track and what we’ll learn from it. Enjoy!
Yes, I have a new home! I’ve moved Sexy, Smart and Strong to a hot new website!
Please visit soon. When you do, be sure to subscribe.
Subscribing means you’ll automatically receive my weekly blog posts in your email or your RSS feed.
Everyone who subscribes during the month of August is eligible to win a giveaway prize!
Subscribe today at this link:
Happy Saturday to all!
I have a favor to ask. Since I moved to my new website, I found out I couldn’t take my subscribers with me automatically. 😦
If you all still love Sexy, Smart and Strong, I’d like to ask to take a few seconds to click the SUBSCRIBE button at the NEW Sexy, Smart and Strong.
That’s the only way you’ll still get notices of posts and future contests and giveaways.
Come on over and just say Yes, Please!
Here’s the Link:
And for your records, the link URL is http://MarciaARichards.com
I hope to see you all there!
Everyone who subscribes will be eligible for a gift giveaway at the end of August!
Go click that button!
to the FIRST EVER BookPushalooza!
July 26th ONLY
9 Books, only .99.
With each purchase you get the chance to WIN while Helping Authors reach new heights
in Amazon’s ranks.
It’s so easy a CAVEMAN could do it!
(1) Grand Prize- $100 Amazon Gift Card
(2) Runners up of $25 Amazon Gift Cards
That’s not all!
Purchase all NINE (9) books and get an additional 5 entries!
This offer is good for JULY 26th ONLY!
Overview of Dark Isle
When evil begets evil, a choice is forced on Quinn, the one person who can see the danger. Does she save the ones she loves, or does she save the world from Chaos?
As the realms of Fae and human collide, Quinn’s future has never looked so grim, or so damn impossible.
Genre- Urban Fantasy
The streets aren’t safe when your enemy wears a blue uniform and a gold badge.
What if the good guys weren’t good?
What if a cop went rogue and killed an innocent man?
What if it was all caught on video and the cop would do anything to cover it up?
Chase this lawless cop through the streets and to a scintillating series of showdowns with Cruz Marquez, a young attorney trying to nail down his enemy in blue.
Will justice be served?
Overview of Land of the Noonday Sun
When two strangers have nothing left but their dreams, they must forge a relationship in Nantahala, North Carolina, a small town known as Land of the Noonday Sun.
A man with a traumatic past is able to turn his life around and is happy with his chosen career as a whitewater guide.
Everything changes though when fate hurls a woman into his path. His carefree life is in turmoil, and his former weaknesses threaten to overtake him.
Will he be strong enough when tragedy strikes and is once again in danger of losing everything he loves?
Genre- Contemporary Romance
Overview of This Time Forever
Delaney Brannigan and Blake Morrisson met at the Cedar Cove annual costume dance, known only to each other as the leopard and the cowboy–but, as Delaney soon discovers, the cowboy she’d thought had ridden off into the sunset never to tempt her again, is none other than the man she came from New York to find and discredit.
Against her will, Delaney is drawn deeper and deeper into an overwhelming attraction to Blake–an attraction she can’t give in to if she wants to keep the one thing she values more than anything else.
Genre- Contemporary Romance
Overview of Cassidy Jones and the Secret Formula
Fourteen-year-old Cassidy Jones wakes up the morning after a minor accident in the laboratory of a world-renowned geneticist to discover that her body has undergone some bizarre physical changes. Her senses, strength, and speed have been radically enhanced.
Lives are put at risk when they find themselves embroiled in a dangerous, action-packed adventure. Soon they are forced to confront a maniacal villain willing to do anything – including murder – to reach his own ambitious goals.
Genre- YA/MG Superhero
Overview of Gray Justice
Gray Justice is the fast-paced debut thriller from Alan McDermott. When a killer walks free from court, the victim’s father sees just two options: accept the judge’s decision; or take on the entire British justice system.
Tom Gray chooses the latter and his crusade attracts instant worldwide media coverage. It was just what Tom was hoping for, but it brought him a lot more than he bargained for.
Gray Justice is much more than a simple tale of revenge: it’s a rollercoaster ride with an ending you’ll never forget!
“Their lives are in the hands of two 18-year-olds…”
A Prominent P.I. is gunned down – killed by a sniper – and it’s broadcasted on live TV.
Now, her daughter, along with her childhood pal, are thrust into a complex and riveting thriller forced to take on a secret club whose members call themselves The Privileged Ones.
Murder. Teen abductions and illegal underground parties.
They’re chased by men in ski-masks, nearly gunned down by members of a cartel, and the only way to bring down this criminal enterprise; is to crash a Mardi Gras bash and stop their private cruise ship from sailing off into the sunset.
Overview of Allegiance
Who do YOU pledge allegiance to?
After exposing one of the most notorious rings of police corruption in history, lawyer Cruz Marquez planned on starting a new life south of the border. That plan unraveled when an extremist group of Minutemen captured and tortured him and his wife.
Will Cruz pledge allegiance to do right, or will he do anything to serve up revenge?
Overview of Curbchek Reload
Curbchek-Reload is a dark account of the streets as they were worked by Zach Fortier, a dangerously deranged cop. Welcome back to the inner city and the twisted mentality of Zach Fortier. Patrolling the streets, broken and mentally damaged from years of urban violence, Zach fights a losing battle to maintain a hold on reality. Join him in the passenger seat of a police cruiser for more of the darker and meaner side of life: The inner city.
In Curbchek-Reload you get a front row seat to an attempted murder of a cop, suicide attempts, rapes, and DARK cop humor. Curbchek-Reload – Fasten your bullet proof vest and buckle your seatbelt, it is gonna be a wild ride!
Genre- Police Procedural
http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/49be101/” rel=”nofollow”>a Rafflecopter giveaway
All winners will be notified via email July 28th 2012. For a list of all winners contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Hump Day!Note: This is a repost of one of my Life List Club posts you may have missed. Enjoy!
We’re not talking about golf or tennis swings. We’re talking about the swing of your life…bringing back the jazz, the zing, the excitement! I have to admit that I am constantly working at this. I have to remind myself to stay in the NOW because I spend far too much time thinking ahead, worrying needlessly or wasting the moment.
“Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” Remember that tired expression? Let’s revive it!
1. Sleep – Almost daily you can find a report somewhere online telling you the importance of getting enough sleep. We know it’s true, so why do we shortchange ourselves? Lack of sleep can cause apathy, irritability, flat emotional responses…no zest, no zing. Sleep to restore your bodily functions and rev up your brain…hence, more zest and zing. If you’d like to read more about the damage lack of sleep can do, click HERE.
2. Play – No one has more zing in their lives than children. They wake with energy and are excited about the day. Adults can feel the same way. Put more play into your daily life. Create fun activities to amp up your energy. Play tennis, go swimming, play in the garden. Playing with your spouse in bed creates feelings you get nowhere else – the feeling of being younger, being desired, and of being able to then jump out of bed and tackle the day with vitality. Simple acts like eating an ice cream cone in the backyard, giggling over corny jokes, having a pillow fight, or running in the sprinkler can bring back zesty youthfulness.
3. Declutter – We can get weighed down by all the clutter in our lives. Get rid of it all! Clean a junk drawer, a closet, the attic or garage. Excessive obligations are also classified as life’s clutter. Even the people in your life who are a drain on your energy and add nothing but negativity to your life amount to clutter. Clear it all away and you’ll feel refreshed and renewed!
4. Revisit – Take another look at the goals you’ve written for the future. How many have you already accomplished? Cross them off the list. Can some of them be broken down into smaller, more easily achieved steps? Are some goals still valid? If not, get rid of them and replace them with something more meaningful and attainable. Life is constantly in motion, changing all the time. Don’t expect every goal you wrote down a year ago to be relevant today. It’s okay to make changes. After this exercise, you should have a smile on your face and a little more spring in your step.
5. Balance – This is a big problem for most of us and one of the hardest things in life to maintain. Swinging too far to one side creates stress and, often, negative self-talk when you realize you’ve overburdened yourself. Swing too far in the other direction also causes stress when you’ve lost focus and lose track of your responsibilities. You berate yourself for not handling life better and waste time feeling badly about your decisions. Sometimes writing it all down gives you a clear picture of how to swing back toward the middle. Unleash yourself from the ball and chain tasks that weigh you down. Make a plan to get back on track with responsibilities you’ve neglected. The first example that comes to mind is regaining the balance between ‘overeating and inactivity’ and ‘running yourself ragged to keep up with all your health commitments’. Cutting out desserts and walking three times a week can center you with small steps and will bring back some of the energy and zest you had before.
6. Focus – “Today is all we have. Live it to its fullest.” We’ve heard this before and it sounds like a huge mountain to climb. Break it down. Living life to its fullest is simply focusing your thoughts on and enjoying what you’re doing NOW.
a. Have mindfulness. It creates a serene feeling, making you less reactive and aggressive. It takes your ego out of a conflict and gives you an opportunity to make better decisions. Just breathe. Mindfulness opens your eyes to the beautiful view, the succulent taste, the sensual pleasure, the melodic sounds of life at the moment.
Take control of your thoughts, give NOW your full attention, otherwise you may be missing out on some wonderful experiences.
b. We only have so much energy. Wasting energy on worrying over things we can’t change is fruitless. “If it’s worth worrying about, it’s worth doing something about it.” Change what you can and let the rest slip away. We can’t do anything about the past and what’s to come in the future will be dealt with in the future.
c. We live in a world of distractions. To live more in the NOW, allow yourself to get completely absorbed in a task. This is called flow. To create flow, choose an activity with an attainable goal, but one that is specific and will cause you to stretch your abilities. For example, increasing your speed during running, knitting a new challenging pattern, writing the next chapter of your book or playing the next bar of a scroll of music. The focus required makes time slip by, blocks distractions and creates a state of flow.
So, now that you know how to get that ZING back in your life, what are you going to do with it? What can you enjoy more fully? What gets you excited?
I am not a human being trying to have a spiritual experience; I am a spiritual being having a (sometimes difficult) human experience.
I am not yet, in my opinion, in any shape to don a swimsuit, however neither was this hilarious woman! I received this email from a friend and had a welcome roar of laughter.
What will you be seen wearing at the beach this summer? Do you have any clothing disaster stories to share?
Stop over at the Life List Club today. Sonia Medieros is posting. Go give her some comment luv, if you please.