I LOVE Dr. Seuss! Don’t you? My favorite of his books is The Lorax.
His books are the best works written for children, in my opinion. The lessons are so valuable and resonate so well with kids of all ages that they don’t feel like lessons.
When I opened my StumbleUpon account today, I was instantly grinning at the sight of this image! So this is your list for today!
Please visit www.Mamiverse.com, and meet those lovely ladies who posted this list of quotes on StumbleUpon for us. Their very lively and professional site, founded by three moms, is chock full of all kinds of great articles.
Now on to more FUN links!
1. MyFridgeFood – You know those days when you are totally uninspired when it comes time to make dinner? Problem solved!! Just go to MyFridgeFood and enter the items you have in the fridge or your cupboard and…VOILA!…recipes for those ingredients will magically appear!
2. Can you eek out 10 minutes a day to exercise – even on your busiest days? Sure you can! Oh, but how do you know what exercises are worthwhile in just 10 minutes? What good will just 10 minutes do for me?
Here’s your answer: “The Just 10 Challenge is about making a small commitment with a huge payoff. Losing just 10 pounds can lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk for a stroke, ward off dementia, lower your risk for uterine and breast cancer, and lower your cholesterol up to 10%. Change the health of America, 10 pounds at a time.”
3. Don’t you love rearranging furniture and/or buying new furniture? Every few months, I get the urge. It can be tough to visualize your room size when you’re in the middle of a ginormous furniture showroom.
This can help: The Make Room is an easy-to-use interactive room planner that allows you to plan your unique living space.
Create one room or your entire home’s floor plans by dragging and dropping furniture into your plan. “When your masterpiece is complete you can save your space, email it, or print it out and use it as your shopping list.”
4. Do you like road trips? I do! Here’s a website that will be bookmarked for my next trip. OnTheWay will help you find interesting things you might have otherwise missed on your road trip. Just enter your starting point and your destination and watch the magic!
5. When I’m dreaming up ideas for a book, I picture myself carrying out those story ideas to feel what my characters might feel. In doing that, I can get so involved that the story pulls me right in. Did you ever read a story and be totally able to relate to one of the characters? I mean, relate so well that it feels like the author secretly knows YOU?
My results were: ‘You are Juliet from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. You are a romantic, but are not afraid to stand up for what you want. While you believe in happily ever after you are no damsel in distress and have a strong mind.’
Wow! That describes my story heroines EXACTLY! This was a fun exercise in finding out why I write what I write.
You know I love hearing from you. So, tell me:
Do you have any fun links to share? What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book and quote?
Before you go, here’s one more link! Sherry Isaac is posting over at the Life List Club Blog today and it’s a great post – A Million Miles of Fun! You’ve gotta go read it!