This episode of Friday’s Lists is brought to you by YOU!
I thought it would be fun to interview all of you. I’ve written a few questions that you can answer in the comments section. Of the 10 questions, I’d love it if you would choose 3 or more to answer…or choose all 10!
I’m dying to know these few kooky things about you…I’ll start:
1. What’s your quirkiest trait? Whenever a family member leaves the house, no matter how old, I have to say ‘be careful driving’ otherwise I fear they’ll have an accident and it will be my fault. Yes, my grown kids give me the eye roll. 🙂
2. What are your 3 favorite scents? Lilacs, my man fresh from a shower and shave, fresh-baked brownies
3. What is the best thing you ever wrote? My current short story
4. What is your favorite line in a book or movie? Madeline Kahn’s line as Empress Nympho, “I love quick time harch.” from Mel Brooks’ History of the World. To link to the short movie clip, click HERE.
5. What theme song fits your life right now? Sunday Morning, by Maroon 5. Listen to it HERE.
6. What’s your best feature? My blue eyes and auburn hair
7. Where would you go if you had a time machine? I would go to the year 2040 to see how my kids and grandkids made out in life.
8. What superpower would you like to have? I’d like to fly–makes traveling cheaper and it would be a glorious feeling
9. If someone wrote a book about you, what would the title be? The Woman Who Found Mr Right
10. If a movie was being made of your life, who would play you? Sandra Bullock
8 Great Links
CJ Lyons of No Rules-Just Write has a very important link for you. You’ll be whisked away to the home of Brian Felsen of BookBaby where you can download a complimentary copy of Part 1 of 5 Secrets of Successful Authors. CJ is one of the contributing writers!
Slush Pile Hell...One grumpy literary agent, a sea of query fails, and other publishing nonsense, is a hilarious blog by a literary agent. You’ll laugh out loud at some of the crazy query’s this agent receives!
The brilliant Victoria Mixon gives us something to think about when it comes to blogging and books in her post, 2 Things to Consider About Blogging & Books.
In Elevate Your Story Through the Sublime and Subliminal Use of Sub-text, the amazing Larry Brooks of Story Fix offers this observation: “An under-appreciated truth: in a world full of genre-based fiction and character-driven mainstream stories, sub-text is perhaps the most differentiating and inherently powerful aspect of storytelling.” This is a MUST-READ! It’s Larry, after all!
On Social Media:
Judy Dunn at Cat’s Eye Writer gives us some relief from being overwhelmed with blogging in her post, When Blogging is Seriously Hard. How many of us have cut back on blogging or chosen topics that are easy to write? Judy helps us figure out what to do when we hit a wall in blogging.
Joanna Penn hosts Steven Lewis from Taleist.com who offers some help with the overwhelming feeling we have about social media in his post, Why Don Draper Won’t Take Your Excuses.
DIY Tutorials is a very cool site! The folks there have gorgeous images of their creations and they’re easy…like a cool way to hang your high heels on your wall, or a no-sew curtain with script writing on it! Oooh, there are so many terrific things I’m putting on my list! Get yourselves over there and check it out!
Need to get organized at home? Then you need to go visit Arianna Belle-Organized Interiors! Beautiful photos of practical ideas for every room!
AND…I had to add just one more…The Girl Who Ate Everything is a fab site for recipes. She has several on Pinterest, but TONS on her website. Great photos and easy directions. Omigosh! So much yummy food!
After you’ve answered the questions, please pimp your blog, a specific post, your book or that of a friend or all of those choices!
You know I love hearing from you, so please gimme some comment luv!