You’ve heard the expression – “Laughter is the best medicine” -right? It’s true. Laughter reduces stress. Laughter takes the tension out of an uncomfortable situation. And here’s what Laughter Therapist, Enda Junkins has to say about it:
“Chuckling. Giggling. Snickering. Snorting. These are the sounds of soul saving laughter which springs from our emotional core and helps us feel better, see things more clearly, and creatively weigh and use our options. Laughter helps us roll with the punches that inevitably come our way.”
And get this…laughing is thought to be a mini-workout! Let’s say you’ve invited friends over for the evening and it’s one of those times when everything uttered is laced with humor, so you spend long stretches of time laughing hysterically. Well, for every 15 minutes of laughing you’re burning 50 calories! Don’t give up going to the gym, but you did earn yourself an extra piece of chocolate.
- Laughter raises the infection-fighting antibodies and increases the immune cells.
- Laughter can cause blood sugar levels to decrease after a meal.
- Laughter relaxes muscles and aids in good sleeping.
- Laughter causes our pulse rate and blood pressure to go up sending healthy oxygen to our tissues.
It’s most often in social situations that we find ourselves laughing. The combination of spending time with friends and family and laughing will improve the quality of life. Finding a reason to laugh even when you’re alone is healthful.
Want to know what makes me laugh when i’m alone? Bumper stickers. They make me laugh out loud. Other drivers look at me like I’m loony, but I think being a little loony makes life a whole lot sweeter.
I hope these make you laugh, then you’ll get all those awesome benefits I just listed for you!
For those with road rage:
- Keep honking. I’m reloading.
- Honk if you want to learn sign language
- Honk if you’ve never seen a gun fired from a moving vehicle
- If you can read this, I can slam on my brakes and sue you
- Don’t like my driving? Then quit watching me!
- Some people just don’t know how to drive. I call these people “everybody but me”
- Squirrels – nature’s speed bumps
- I may be slow, but I’m ahead of you
- Your body would look good in my trunk
- Watch out for the idiot behind me!
- Welcome to America. Now speak English!
- I never thought I’d miss Nixon
- Keep on working. Millions of illegal immigrant patients are depending on you.
- Stop repeat offenders. Don’t re-elect them.
- In America anyone can become president. That’s one of the risks you take.
Uncomfortable insulting someone to his face? Put it on a bumper sticker!
- What we need is a patch for stupidity
- People like you are the reason people like me need medication.
- Save your breath…you need it to blow up your date.
- Impotence…nature’s way of saying “no hard feelings”
- Try not to let your mind wander. It’s too small and fragile to be let out alone.
A few more funnies:
- Never knock on Death’s door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.
- If you are what you eat, then I’m fast, cheap and easy.
- So many cats; so few recipes.
- You say I’m a Bi*ch like that’s a bad thing.
- If a man states an opinion and there’s no woman to hear it, is he still wrong?
Many of these are expressions I’ve actually seen on bumpers across America. I discovered the rest at Hubpages.
Do you have a favorite? Have you seen any good ones that aren’t on this list?
I know Natalie Hartford’s posts and my husband’s silliness makes me laugh out loud, what else does it for you?
You know I love hearing from you and it’s your turn to make me laugh!
If you’re enjoying this post, wouldn’t you like to get more like this right in your email inbox? Click on that “Sign me up” button above…go on, you know you want to.