K.M. Weiland just released her new book, Outline Your Novel…Map Your Way To Success, and she’s having a contest to make the launch successful! Woohoo! We love contests, don’t we? She’s offering amazing prizes. Take a look:
Win a Kindle and over $100 in writing craft books!
The big day is here! Welcome to the official launch of Outlining Your Novel: Map Your Way to Success.
I need your help to ensure the book has a successful launch week, so please join the party! I’m celebrating all this week with daily giveaways, culminating in our three-tiered Grand Prize giveaway, worth over $400!
Prize A: A Kindle. Value: $114
Prize B: A whopping bundle of writing craft books donated and signed by some of the industry’s best authors. Value: $100
- Story Engineering by Larry Brooks (visit his site).
- The Indie Author Guide by April Hamilton (visit her site).
- The Frugal Editor by Carolyn Howard-Johnson (visit her site).
- The Writer’s Guide to Psychology by Carolyn Kaufman (visit her site).
- The Writing and Critique Group Survival Guide by Becky Levine (visit her site).
- The Art and Craft of Story: 2nd Practitioner’s Manual (Kindle edition) by Victoria Mixon (visit her site).
- Nail Your Novel by Roz Morris (visit her site).
- Fear of Writing by Milli Thornton (visit her site).
- The Rewritten Word by Aggie Villanueva + the winner’s choice of any of Aggie’s e-books (visit her site).
- Your Path to Publication by Kim Wright (visit her site).
Prize C: Poster of winner’s choice donated by the fabulous PosterText. These unique posters feature a scene from your favorite book constructed from the text of the book. Be sure to drop by their site to browse their wonderful selection. Value: $35.
Bonus—Hourly Prize Today Only: Conquering Writer’s Block and Summoning Inspiration Mp3. Value: $8.99.
From 6 AM to 11 PM, I’ll be drawing a winner every hour for my 60-minute audio presentation Conquering Writer’s Block and Summoning Inspiration. Winning this prize does not exclude you from the Grand Prize drawing on Friday, but the sooner you enter this one, the better your chances of winning! Check the blog throughout the day to discover hourly winners.
All you have to do to enter is buy a book!
The contest will run all week, and you can do several things to earn contest points and increase your chances of winning. For every contest point earned, your name will be entered once more into the pool (e.g., if you’ve earned 18 points, you have 18 chances of winning).
You can win points by:
1. Buying a book early in the week. I’m trying to create a surge of sales to boost the book in Amazon’s ratings, so I’d like to encourage people to purchase as soon as possible.
Buy a book on Monday = 5 points
Buy a book on Tuesday = 4 points
Buy a book on Wednesday = 3 points
Buy a book on Thursday = 2 points
Buy a book on Friday = 1 point
2. Buy more than one book! You get one extra point for each additional book you buy.
Buy additional books = 1 extra point per book
3. Tweet the following message each day of the week. Duplicate posts per day will be counted as one post.
RT @KMWeiland Win a Kindle and over $100 in writing craft books! http://tinyurl.com/3lo2dau
Tweet about the book = 1 point per day, possible 5 points over the course of the week
4. Share this post on Facebook. Be sure to tag me (@K.M. Weiland), so I can find and count your posts. You’ll need to “like” my page in order to tag me. Duplicate posts per day will be counted as one post.
Share on Facebook = 1 point per day, possible 5 points over the course of the week
5. Mention the contest and the book on your blog. Be sure to email me the link, so I can give you credit.
Blog post = 3 points
Note: Because of shipping costs, I’m sorry to say the contest will be limited only to U.S. citizens. My apologies to all my international readers!
Winners will be announced Friday, September 30th.
Good luck to everyone in the drawing, have fun, and thank you for helping me celebrate the launch of Outlining Your Novel!
Needless to say, I already have my copy of the book and have done all the other helpful tasks to earn points. I SO want Prizes A or B! If any of these prizes interest you, or if you just want to help out with the launch to support a fellow writer, start putting the word out, like I did! You can check out K.M.’s website here.