Come on in and join the party!
As you might expect, at my house we have CHOCOLATE Parties! So dive in to the goodies on the table…come on, I’ll show you what we have:
Wow! What a party! Okay, settle down a bit. I need your attention!
I have an announcement to make!
We have A GIVEAWAY, PEOPLE!
Each of The Life List Club writers has a gift for one or more subscribers/commenters on today’s post. Check individual writers’ blogs for their details on how many winners will be chosen and when the contest ends.
My contest runs between 7am, 9/23 and midnight, 9/30(EST). Winner will be announced Saturday, October 1st! You have lots of time to subscribe and comment!
For one subscriber commenting on this post, my Prize Package includes:
1. A copy of my flash fiction story, Night Moves!
2. An invitation for you to guest post or be interviewed on my blog! (A guest post can be a work of flash fiction, a short story up to 2,000 words, or a post on history, life lessons, sweet obsessions, women’s issues, health & wellness, or writing)
3. I will name a character in my trilogy, The Dance and The Dancer, after you!
Let’s get to the reason for this celebration…my 3-month progress report: (My progress is in red.)
1. Write for the book no less often than 5 days a week. I did poorly on writing daily due to
grandchildren life getting in the way.
2. Write a minimum of 400 words each of 5 days each week. This would have equaled 24,000 words over 12 wks. If we count my WIP, my blog, flash fiction and short story I’ve written approximately 45,000 words. YAY!! (If we only count my WIP, my numbers stink!)
3. Visit ROW80 twice a week to stay motivated in my writing goal. I chose, instead, to visit once a week, but missed a few weeks during the summer. Checked in all this month and am ready to go for Round 4 with a fresh set of goals!
4. Get my butt out of my desk chair for at least 10 minutes every hour. I don’t get up every hour-I get too engrossed in writing-but I do get up more often than I used to.
5. Take at least 2 online classes to improve my blog and/or writing. So far, I’ve taken one (another was canceled) and am signed up for a second one this fall.
6. Find a critique partner/group to get feedback on my book. No luck with this yet. Does anybody have a connection with a good group or individual?
7. Feed my addiction to chocolate, daily. 🙂 I’m stellar at this! Another YAY!!
8. Allow myself only 2 hours a day to read blogs and keep up with social media marketing. I have found that 2 hours is just not enough time everyday. Sometimes it takes 3 hours to take care of the above, plus responding to comments on my blog posts and commenting on other blogs.
9. Get moving! Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week. Ugh! This summer with the grandgirls was more movement in my days, but not necessarily exercise, per se. Started this week back to my routine and got in 3 days so far.
10. Only have 1 dessert each week. Yeah, right! What was I thinking? I vow to do better, though. How about 3 per week?
11. Read 25 books in the next 12 months. On target with this. I’ve read 7 books in 3 months. YAY!!
12. Attend a writer’s conference or workshop. No time so far; found one in Dallas next May that I’m hoping to attend.
13. Teach my granddaughters good new habits, like how much fun it is to do chores. 🙂 Oooh, they learned this so well! They set the table and cleaned up toys, put dirty laundry in the hamper, helped with dusting and making their big bed, and took their dirty dishes to the sink. Even my 2yr old accomplished all of this! They were awesome, especially since they never complained.
14. Add more fruits and vegetables into my diet. So far, no rotting fruits or veggies in the refrigerator drawer! That means I’m eating what I buy every week! YAY!!
15. Create 15 minute pockets of time each day to spend alone with my hubs. We spend time at breakfast talking, planning and catching up. After dinner, we watch a movie together and late night, he stops in my office to chat for a while. It ends up being roughly 2 1/2 hours a day. And you just nevermind what we do after we talk in my office. 😉
16. Lose at least 35 lbs, in order to get off all my meds, about 3 pounds a month. This means I should have lost 9 lbs so far…uh, no. I’ve lost 2 lbs and am working harder now that the grands have gone home to their Mama.
17. Get back to the routine of cleaning bathrooms and dusting weekly, instead of pushing it off on my honey. Done! YAY!!
18. Be in, or finished with, the process of publishing my book by December, 2011. On target to finish the writing and self-editing, but may have to adjust the timeframe for publishing.
19. Floss everyday. Almost.
20. Remember to thank my husband everyday for his constant love and support. Always do! YAY!
21. Learn how to create podcasts, videos and a book trailer for my blog site. Not yet, maybe next time.
22. Eat more slowly. Practice. Practicing, but I still finish first. Dang!
23. Notice the little things and appreciate them. Doing it!
24. Live in the moment. YES!
25. Play. Often.
So, what do you think? Please rate my progress below, 1-5 stars. The score you give me has no effect on choosing the winner of the Prize Package, truly!
Pam Hawley – package including: 1. Winner’s choice of excerpt from my novel-in-progress or a copy of my short story, “Elevated.” 2. I will interview the winner on their goals and ambitions for a future post in Hawleyville. 3. Option to publish a piece of their own fiction/essay (up to 2,000 words) or do a guest post at my blog.
Sonia Medeiros – an ebook, Larry Brooks’, Story Engineering
Jennie Bennett – 1. a 10-page in-depth critique, 2. 3-book set -Oliver Twist, The Secret Garden and A Little Princess
Jenny Hansen – 1. a guest post by Jenny on the winner’s blog, 2. an interview of the winner on Jenny’s blog
Emily Moir – a 5-piece (4×6) photo series by Kate Moir
Lyn Midnight – an in-depth critique of two chapters
Diana Ligaya – 1. a copy of Joseph Campbell’s, the Hero with a Thousand Faces, 2. an in-depth fiction critique up to 15,000 words.
David Walker – 1. a copy of David’s short story, Bubba’s First Cruise, 2. a guest post swap
OKAY, NOW, GO PARTY SOME MORE!!