3. Just for fun, Clay Morgan takes us back to the days of sibling wars over the prize inside the cereal box.
5. Writer’s Digest is now accepting entries for their short story and poetry award contests! Dust off that story that’s been sitting in your drawer all these months, tweak and submit it! The winner earns a cash prize and valuable recognition. I’ll be entering the short story category.
6. I told you over the weekend about my joining a Round of Words in 80 Days, which begins on the 4th of July. Well, I guess I inspired someone else to join. Jason McMurray, over at Brewing Up Stories and Beer had taken a leave from his blog, but he’s back now and writing up a storm! Now you can cheer us both on to success in this awesome challenge! At the end of the challenge, maybe we’ll celebrate with a glass of his homemade brew.
7. I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite words, second only to chocolate, is FREE. I’ve been getting regular installments of Jim Brown’s ebook, Boom!, FREE from him. I went to his site and registered, now it comes to me automatically. I love getting the installments (I’m on Part 4 now) because I can squeeze in reading a great book in a teeny bit of time. The suspense is killing me! People keep waking up to find a tattoo on their arm that reads 00:20 BOOM! The time on the tattooed clock keeps ticking down until they go boom! It’s worth way more than FREE, but go get your FREE copy!
8. Alexis Grant shows us how we can do the big things we wish for. We can follow our dreams. It’s a matter of choice, as is everything we do.
9. If you’re trying to move from writing short stories or flash fiction to writing a novel, you might feeling uncomfortable with the stretch. Lisa Rivero tells us how she’s dealing with it via Christi Craig’s post Navigating Space in Writing.
10. Kristen Lamb tells us why getting primal is good for our plot. This post made me realize I doing alright with my story. Her books We Are Not Alone and Are You There Blog? It’s Me, Writer are awesome guides to blogging and social media networking.
I love hearing from you and anxiously await your comments! If you haven’t already, please click the Sign Me Up button to receive these posts in your email.
!ANNOUNCEMENT! When the number of LIKEs on my author page reaches 100, I’ll be giving away a copy of New York Times Best-selling Author, Robyn Carr‘s Wild Man Creek to one lucky, randomly selected friend! So, please go LIKE my page now!
Watch for a new page on this blog to be launched on July 1st! It’s the location of a new, secret club! You’ll want to join me, a few fellow writers and tons of blog readers! Don’t be left out! Be one of the cool kids! Meet lots of new people, attend our celebrations and sign up for our giveaways! Until then, the details of this new club are locked away in a secret, underground vault and I’m the only one with a passkey! hehehe! Be there or be square on July 1st for the unveiling of this secret club!!